Wednesday, October 31, 2012

36 Week Update!

Just 4 more weeks to go!  Not much growing is going on any more.  This week Baby Girl is still in the 17 to 19 inch range and 4 to 6 pounds.  According to thebump.com this is the size of a honeydew melon (I challenge you to find a honeydew that big!)


Baby Girl's immune system has matured enough to protect her from infections outside the womb and most of her other systems are about ready for go time a well.  The only exception will be her digestive system.  While she's been hanging out inside of me, she gets her nutrition through the umbilical cord, so she hasn't really needed a digestive system yet so this won't mature until some time after birth.  This is her last week of being pre-term, 37 weeks is considered full-term!  I had a doctor's appointment today and everything went well, Baby Girl's heart rate was 137.  She once again gave the nurse a hard time and would not sit still for the doppler reading, she's quite active.

Nothing much has changed for me.  Still feeling the same, back ache and getting tired easily are the two biggest issues.  My new complaints are bad skin and bad hair days.  My hair has taken on a mind of its own.  It can't decide if it wants to be straight, curly, or wavy so glued back pony tails with random pieces of straight, curly, and wavy hair is my new look, lovely.

Here's a "too much information" moment, but hey, I'm putting it all out there for you.  The doctor informed me that I am 1 cm dilated.  Apparently it's normal to walk around dilated for weeks before baby comes.  Something I didn't know.  Yes I am aware that it's weird that I shared that with all of you, but I'm pregnant, you knew it was going to happen eventually!
 


How far along? 36 weeks
Total weight gain/loss:  Up 18 lbs overall.  No gain since last week.
Maternity clothes?  I think I may need to break down and buy a couple cold weather items…my summer maternity clothes are not cutting it in the 40 degree weather.
Stretch marks? Nope! 
Sleep:  An hour at a time.
Best moment this week:  Hearing Baby Girl’s heart beat at the doctor’s.
Miss Anything?  Hubby.
Movement:  Lots of it!
Food cravings:  Nothing in particular although my favorite meal has been chicken tortellini and broccoli with just butter and salt, I think I’ve had it for lunch and dinner for the past 4 days.  I’m really hoping we get enough trick or treater’s to make a dent in the pile of candy I bought…
 Anything making you queasy or sick: Still all the same culprits but we can now add crab to the list which is odd since it was an early craving.
Belly Button in or out? Neither but it’s really looking like it wants to pop out!
Wedding rings on or off? On.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!
Labor signs?  Nope. 
Looking forward to:  Buying a baby Halloween costume next year!

1 comment:

  1. Love your "looking forward to".. I had the KINDERGARTEN PARADE with my students today and that exact thought crossed my mind numerous times! What will Baby V. be for her 1st Halloween?

    1cm, that is super!! Please get as much rest as you can and take it slow!

    Nana V. XXOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete