Wednesday, September 12, 2012

29 Week Update!!!

Baby Girl's due date is in 11 weeks!  This week she is a tad over 15 inches long (switching gears because the produce comparisons are getting confusing) the length of a loaf of bread!  She weights around two and a half pounds, so why have I gained so much more than that?  Over the next eleven weeks she will likely triple in weight, so I guess I have even more gaining to do. This last trimester, her bones are also soaking up loads of calcium, about 250 milligrams a day, so I'll have to be sure to consume extra!  It's a good thing those Pumpkin Spice lattes (decaf of course) are made with milk, and whipped cream has calcium too, right? ;-)


This week we took our hospital tour.  When we were on the labor and delivery floor there were 12 women in labor and it was surprisingly quiet.  The nurse said it's not that quiet when there are natural deliveries so I guess I won't let it lift my spirits too much.  I was very happy with the hospital.  The staff we came across were all friendly.  The labor and delivery rooms seemed spacious enough and were private.  The best part of the tour was on the way out when we heard a baby cry!  I can't wait to hear Baby Girl cry for the first time. Although I'm sure that's a sound that will get old very quickly, but for now, I'll look forward to it!

I'm still fairing pretty well.  My belly is growing rapidly and my back is feeling it.  I have very specific back pain in the upper right part of my back, in a spot only about the size of my fist and it's only while I'm sitting.  This makes driving and sitting at my desk at work two of my least favorite activities.  My appetite has increased this week too, I'm hungry all of the time!  Baby Girl must be growing like crazy!
 


How far along? 29 weeks
Total weight gain/loss:  Up 13 lbs overall.  No weight gain from last week.  That can’t be right, I’ve certainly grown since last week!!!
Maternity clothes?  Sore subject.
Stretch marks? No.
Sleep:  Oh how I miss you. 
Best moment this week:  Hearing a brand new baby cry during our hospital tour!
Miss Anything?  Really working out.
Movement:  Mostly in the middle of the night.
Food cravings: Sweet tooth still and for some reason this week I really want a fast food chain crispy chicken sandwich and French fries, but I REFUSE to give in to this one.
 Anything making you queasy or sick: More of the same; bananas, sweet potatoes, and the trash can. 
Belly Button in or out? In but it’s looking more shallow.
Wedding rings on or off? On.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy.
Labor signs?  My whole belly feels rock hard to the touch sometimes but I don’t have any pain or discomfort with it, I plan on asking the doctor next week if this is a Braxton Hicks contraction or not.
Looking forward to:  The back pain to go away.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment