Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Week 26 Update!

I had to double check to make sure I really was already on week 26, it's flying by!

This week Baby Girl Veale is 14 inches long, the length of an English cucumber and almost 2 lbs!  She is inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid which is preparing her for taking her first breath of air on delivery day!  Her ears are even more developed and she's busy listening in on all of my conversations.

I'm not feeling wonderfully today maybe due to the super busy days I've had (all of which were very fun).  But I'm hoping this feeling doesn't last because I have a few more busy days ahead too!  Tonight is childbirth class #2 and tomorrow is baby care class.  I honestly thought baby care would be a great one to take just to get Dan more comfortable with babies, but the more I read the more I realize I don't know so I am glad to be taking it too!  I was looking at pictures of baby bath tubs today and seeing the little babies in that water made me super nervous!

This week I have ordered the crib skirt, window valance, wall decals, and fitted sheets for the nursery all through Etsy (I have an addiction) and am now patiently waiting for them to get hand made and shipped to me.  I should have realized that hand made things would take longer to get and I don't have that much patience at the moment, but I'm glad to have at least checked off the ordering!  I also ordered a Christmas present this week which I laughed about doing so early, but now it has me thinking that I'll probably want all of my shopping done before Baby Girl arrives!  The month between her due date and Christmas I certainly won't be spending in line at stores!!!


How far along? 26 weeks

Total weight gain/loss:  Up 9 lbs overall, 2 pounds gained in the past week again.  We’ll see what my doctor has to say about this rapid weight gain at my appointment next week…hopefully I’m not up another 2 pounds by then!

Maternity clothes?  A must!  Although I only have 6 outfits for work and I’m getting sick of rotating it but with fall quickly approaching I will hold out until I have to buy new weather appropriate clothes.

Stretch marks? No.

Sleep:  No more or less.  

Best moment this week:  Cirque du Soleil with friends and family!  I love spending time with my parents!

Miss Anything?  My energy and motivation!

Movement:  Not as much this week, but every now and then she’ll wiggle to let me know she’s still there.

Food cravings: Nothing really this week.

 Anything making you queasy or sick: Bananas, Sweet Potatoes, and the trash can.  

Belly Button in or out? In but it’s looking more shallow.

Wedding rings on or off? On.

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy, except today, feeling yucky.

Looking forward to: Picking up Hubby at the airport later today and visiting Roommate and B this weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment