Friday, November 2, 2012

Belly Pics and Randomness.

Here are some well over due belly pictures!  I feel gigantic, luckily she doesn't do much more growing in the next few weeks!



Did you know that over the 40 week pregnancy journey the uterus goes from the size of a fist to being larger than a watermelon?  And then just 6 weeks after birth it should be back to the size of a fist again!  I find this to be crazy, not that it grows that much, it has to for baby, but that it shrinks again that quickly!  It has pushed all of my other organs out of the way in order to grow that big and I just picture them all falling down as the uterus rapidly shrinks.  Eeeeessshhhhh, poor organs.

Earlier in the pregnancy I talked about the hormone relaxin which, like its name implies, relaxes all of my joints.  This will certainly come in handy during labor but not so much in every day life.  It gave me a nice laugh the other day so now I'll share with you, here's a nice laugh at my expense.  I bent over to pick a sock up off the floor while balancing the full laundry basket on my hip.  I ended up on my butt on the floor, hitting the ironing board on the way down, which proceeded to land on my head.  Needless to say I did not carry the laundry basket up the stairs and will not be for awhile!




No comments:

Post a Comment