Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Nesting!

Pregnancy nesting: A powerful urge felt by pregnant women to prepare their home for baby by cleaning and decorating. 


This pregnancy symptom was one that had eluded me, until now, at 39 weeks.  Yes, I wanted to decorate and finish the nursery, but it wasn't so much a powerful urge, just something that needed to be done before Baby came, and I love decorating.  But today I did not want to go to work, not because I wanted to just stay in bed or go shopping (most common reasons I don't want to go to work) but because I want to clean my house!

The past week I have been so impatient for Baby Girl to get here.  But today my thoughts are "I can't go into labor yet, my house is a mess!"  I cannot wait to get home from work today to pick up!  I'm not about to start scrubbing things but I don't want any clutter.  I have a massive to do list growing in my head.  I'm even obsessing about the fact that I left the ironing board out this morning. 

On the plus side they do say that nesting is one of the final stages of labor so maybe the end is near and she won't hang out in there till Valentine's Day!







No comments:

Post a Comment