Monday, June 25, 2012

Nesting???

I am overwhelmed with home "to-do's" and I have been patiently waiting for the nesting phase of pregnancy to kick in.  I have been so tired and unmotivated that all I want to do during my time off is lay in bed!  Well we have a family friend coming to move in with us in a week and a half...so I guess I don't have time to wait for the nesting phase to kick in, it's time to get my butt in gear!

Normally having a guest wouldn't be a problem, except we are going to need a nursery before he is due to move out.  So we are turning the guest room into a nursery since it's on the same level as our room and then turning the gym into a guest room.  Not to mention, my brother is moving in 3 months before our other tenant is scheduled to move out so we will also be converting the office into a living space for him.  How much of this had we started as of last week?  Almost none!  We moved out the gym equipment but quickly replaced it with things being displaced from other storage places around the house that we are now losing.  Hubby built a closet in the soon to be guest room where the entrance to the laundry room had been which meant he had to turn the den closet into an entrance to the laundry room.  Other than that, nothing has been done!  Here's what the new guest room looked like on Saturday:




I spent all day Saturday clearing things out and finding new homes for everything.  Although lack of motivation wasn't my only problem, boy do I get tired out and thirsty quickly!  I had to stop about every 20 minutes to put my feet up and drink some water!  But here's the end result:


Okay, it still doesn't look like a guest room, but the rest is up to Hubby since moving furniture is not on my pregnancy comfort list.

Sunday I had to attack some closet space.  We lost a closet in the den, the extra storage space we had in the gym, and the closet in the nursery since that will now belong to Baby Veale.  Here's the mess I had to start with:



After a trip to Goodwill and lots of garbage bags brought to the curb, I got it down to this:


Look, there's even room for more stuff!!!  

Okay, now that I've bored you to death with this post, if you even made it this far, I will promise to post similar before and after pictures of the NURSERY!  Now that will not be boring!

3 comments:

  1. Wow!!!! I'm exhausted reading it! Go put your feet up and rest <3

    Nana V

    ReplyDelete
  2. My nesting instinct hasn't really kicked in yet....I'm waiting for it, but I just can't find it. I'd still rather take a nap :)

    Can't wait to see the nursery posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job to the both of you!! make sure you both take care of your backs!! xoxo Shan

    ReplyDelete