Thursday, June 7, 2012

Week 14 Update


Baby Veale is now the size of a lemon!  When I found out I was pregnant, 9 weeks ago, the baby was only the size of a sesame seed!  That’s a major growth spurt right there.  Our baby can now squint, frown, grimace, and suck his or her thumb! 
This is the first week that I have not felt sick!  I wake up with headaches and back pain most days.  I think the back pain is from getting used to sleeping on my side.  I’m not particularly comfortable on my side…in fact I’m most comfortable lying on my back which is apparently dangerous for the baby, so I am propping myself on my side each night.  But I am so happy to not feel nauseous all the time so I’ll take the headaches and backaches instead.
How far along? 14 weeks
Total weight gain/loss:  down 5 lbs
Maternity clothes?  Not yet!  Wore the belly band once with my jeans unbuttoned, it was much more comfortable!
Stretch marks? No
Sleep: Sometimes I can make it through the night without getting up to pee!  Still not used to sleeping on my side though.
Best moment this week:  We ordered the crib (thanks Grammy and Grandpa) and dresser!  Our first major baby purchase, it should come in during week 16, and then it will feel even more real!  AND we picked out a stroller, (It’s called the City Mini, how perfect is that for the mini Veale to ride in and perfect to fit in the back of my Mini?) it was so much fun pulling them all off the rack, wheeling them around the store, and folding them up.  Making a baby registry is way more fun than I had imagined!

Have you told family and friends: YES!
Miss Anything? Exercising and sleeping on my back.  I got the okay to start working out again this week however I’ve been so nervous!
Movement: none yet.
Food cravings: Pasta…I want it at every meal.  I even put some in my clam chowder.  And buttered popcorn, something I didn’t like before the pregnancy.
 Anything making you queasy or sick: Sweet potatoes, bacon, bananas, and Thai food.
Have you started to show yet: No.
Gender prediction: No real feelings either way; Hubby is convinced it’s a boy, he even refers to the baby by the boy’s name we decided on.
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy, I’m not sick and we ordered a crib!!!!
Looking forward to: Not being too scared to work out.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so jealous that you aren't in maternity pants yet...I've been wearing them since week 12!

    ReplyDelete